Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pretty ladies

For Christmas, my mom’s cousin sent the girls two beautiful House of Faberge dolls. The Christmas angels are lovely and dainty—such an exciting gift! Nancy assured me that the dolls are to play with (ever so gently, I decided :o) At Christmas, our kids were blessed like crazy with gifts from family across the country—it was such a nice Christmas! But because they had so many gifts, I thought the dolls wouldn’t get the attention they deserved, so I decided to reserve them for a special Valentine’s Day treat. Well, then at Valentine’s Day, every one of the kids became so sick with the flu, that the occasion passed with the giant box still sitting in the corner of our bedroom. When we returned from vacation, we were set to study Russia—Faberge, get the connection? I scoured the library for books on the jeweler to the tsars and found some beautifully illustrated tomes.


Imagine their delight, when the pretty dolls from the House of Faberge appeared on their school table at the conclusion of the week! They played carefully with them for the entire weekend, marveling over each tiny detail. When we moved on to a new continent, I carefully packed the dolls and returned them to their boxes to appear again at Christmas as Nancy first intended. Thank you for the fancy surprise Nancy!

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...