Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Self-Taught

She's mentioned interest in piano for years . . . I don't know any teachers, so when we received the gift of keyboard, I bought a CD-Rom "Learn to Play Piano" program. She's been pretty consistently practicing, and here's the result so far! Not too shabby :)


We've also enjoyed digging through FOUR boxes of homeschool hand-me-downs from my family's former neighbor. Her kids are all super smart and grown up now, and she saved her very favorites to share with "someone who would enjoy them." We've got historical fiction books, we've got reference books, the kids are set for high school science, we've got video, audio, paper dolls . . . the list is endless! But what I am totally digging, is that the kids keep picking up these treasures I've left here and there around the house--on their own--and are studying things like time, color, weather, heart function, history . . . yes!!!

 
And this morning, Graysen left us this card on the table to thank us for teaching him :)
 


 

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...