Friday, February 17, 2017

Will You be Mine, Valentine?

Our kids really like Valentine's Day! I don't decorate for many occasions any more, but Valentine's Day is easy--put up the banner, attach the pink swirly things throughout the house, and boom! Decorated! :)

Morning surprises! From Grandma Judi, from us to them, and Valentines from them to us too :)
Brennen made Lego-mini mom and dad, so cute! Graysen built and painted the picture frame behind *us.* He started the project at that home show we went to last week and finished at our actual home. Pretty sweet!
Buck left after breakfast for work. Graysen questioned everyone in the house to help him remember exactly what dad put on that morning. He ended up dressing the same for our visit to the eye doctor :) All six of us--Valentine's Day eye appointments, whoohoo! Four are good to go, mine stayed the same (what?) and Gabby's got worse. There are three pairs of glasses on the way. Buck and his mini-me got plenty of smiles as we walked around the building. I love that G's still *little* enough to enjoy thinking up and doing special things like this!
It turns out that work was pretty slow on the day of love :) Buck was able to get off really early--so early in fact, that I didn't get a chance to finish his gift. He asked for a digital picture frame to take to work, so I got him one, but had no idea that it could hold so many pictures--I'm at over 1,000 and that's only half full! Every year from 2004-2016 took me an hour to load. So my 30 minutes between arriving home with groceries and finding out he was on his way with Jimmy John's (our Valentine's Day meal ;)--not enough time! But I gave him the frame anyway, and he gave me this cute *I love you necklace.* Jojo wears one frequently on the Fixer Upper show, and I mentioned it was cute while we were watching one night. Now I have one of my own :) In fact, we watched Fixer Upper for our Valentine night date--with my candle, purchased in Waco at Magnolia Market making the downstairs smell delightful (a rare occurrence with all these animals running around :)
Our Valentine's Day extended til the next, as a package from Maga arrived. This picture was taken shortly before G$ opened his second heart ("Wow, that's a lot of chocolate?!") to find . . .
Didi!! It's been gone since we went to visit Buck when he was working and staying at my parents' house this summer--seven months? He's slept with this tiny blanket every night for 8 years. Somehow it got stuffed between the couch cushions at Maga's! Hooray, reunited! I took a video, I'll see if I can get it to load :)

1 comment:

Grandma Judi said...

So cute that Graysen wanted to dress like his Dad - I bet they got lots of smiles - they both look cute! I like your necklace!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...