Aha! See what I did there? :) I like to vacuum, this is well known. Our house--with all its people, pets, and pet fodder--requires a lot of vacuuming! When we moved here, Buck decided we needed the real deal--a Shark is good, but Dyson is legendary, right? :) It worked great for a long time. There were a few things I didn't like, like the short cord that I was often moving to complete a vacuuming job. Also, the tread was fairly narrow--this was okay because it kind of worked on the stairs. Overall, I liked it, though sometimes I thought it was more for an apartment than a six-person, five-pet home. Then it started screaming.
I guess it agreed with my apartment analysis :)
From what we can tell, it stopped sealing correctly, hence the screaming sound. We'd done the filter swaps, checked all the tubes, done all we were supposed to do, but after 2.5 years . . . the Dyson decided to fight back. Thankfully, the return policy at Costco is pretty fab. We were able to swap old Goldie out for this big, hot-pink canistered beauty :) I think the new one is full sized; it certainly feels full-sized when you lift it.
Other perks--the cord is like 10 feet longer (yes!!!!!). The base is wider, so fewer swipes--I like this :) It also, according to the picture on the box, has a looooooooooong hose with a stair attachment. This will be good for the children who are required to vacuum our often nasty stairs twice each week. I look forward to seeing how this works out!
![]() |
| I'm not sure if that's a doggie smile or a look of fright, ha! He's not a huge fan of the vacuum and now there are two--and they are getting bigger!!! |

No comments:
Post a Comment