Everyone came, too, which was great! The new neighbors got to meet the "old" neighbors--two even realized they knew each other from a baby delivery, and the kids all trick-or-treated each others' houses. By the time the sun settled down for its sleep, the costumed ones were ready to scoop the loop and gather candy. Buck set out with Mr. M and most of our two crews. Caelan stayed back at the house to hand out candy and karate cards, and the M's littlest (who was dressed as their oldest--an old lady!) stayed back to do the same. Too much scary stuff out there in the décor realm; I don't blame her!



The K family stopped by too; baby D was the chattiest, happiest little monkey I've ever seen. "I'm a monkey! I LOVE pizza!" (I handed out leftovers from the party as a trick-or-treat bonus :) They had just walked the cul-de-sac when the rest of our families returned. The men got to talk, Ollie (the puppy) made an appearance as a full-energy hot dog, the ladies got to talk, the kids got to TALK, ha! And by 7:30, we were lights out, go away to any kids who didn't get here at a reasonable hour, lol :)


By the way, the sunset was absolutely beautiful--pumpkin orange! G$ stuck to his officer outfit, Gabby resumed her plaid Scottish lass, Brennen was an applauded LEGO guy once more, and Caelan was a non-participating teenager who'd rather hand out candy than gather it :) She made a game out of throwing chocolate at passing children (whom she knew), trying to make it into their candy bags. I think we maybe had 30 non-neighborhood kids total? Maybe 45. They'd come in spurts, then evaporate. Still, it's always a nice night to stand outside with all the neighbors and visit before winter shuts us all indoors. We really have a great little neighborhood!


(The boys each got a full-sized bag of leftover chips from the M's party, that was a bag filler for sure. Mr. C said jokingly, "Who's the rich neighbor?" Ha! Handing out the fancy stuff :)
No comments:
Post a Comment