Thursday, July 23, 2020

This and That

I have a few specific blog posts I want to add, but the pictures to support them are in Caelan's phone and she's not home :) So here are a few miscellaneous pictures in the meantime . . .


Buck brought me home this "little" sunflower plant (it's like three feet tall) as a surprise. It didn't quite fit on the kitchen table in my usual flower display spot, so I put it on the deck. But then Muriel kept eating the petals, so I put it on the outdoor table, where I can see the happy, yellow flowers from the kitchen sink window. 

Technically Muriel can also get on that table to eat leaves and petals, but so far she hasn't :)





We had a hairstyling day . . . this time for the boys. Caelan decided to curl Graysen's hair, which may have resulted in more near burns than curls ;) Brennen asked me to trim his hair, and that hilariously took nearly an hour with adjustments, putting the equipment away, getting it back out, trying different styles, and finally getting the thumbs up. Whew!





The kids continue to make excellent meals (the pizza was for lunch, not for Buck)! Buck has lost 18 pounds and got to cut his blood pressure medicine in half (because now his BP is almost too low!) Hopefully he'll be off of that and the cholesterol meds in no time. Yay for less meds! Way to help your dad, kids!


A little backyard Robin Hooding :) The deer target is no longer safe on the hill between our house and our neighbor's. I pictured live deer peeking out of the woods watching Buck's accuracy and deciding whether or not it will be safe to continue eating my cherry trees ;) Let's hope they were impressed enough to keep their distance! Caelan has been regularly watering the trees for me, and we dust them with bug powder frequently. Two of three look pretty healthy . . . the other is struggling. But, if they've lasted this long, I think they have a chance!


Mr. Fashion on his way to church :) Gotta love that Graysen style! The shirt has bananas, the shorts have pineapples. It was tropical fruit salad day, and it was awesome!

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

The meals looks delicious! Buck lost 18 pounds? Good for him; that's great that he's off some of those meds...he's way too young for BP meds. YAY!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...