Friday, September 4, 2020

Karate Time

It seems like it has been a long time since I've updated or posted about karate. The kids are going to one class per week, in person. They all social distance, except from each other. To work, the girls have to wear masks and gloves, and all the surfaces are disinfected between classes. All the fumes! 


In the summer, they don't have to wear full uniform if the temperature is above 90 (I think). So, there never was an opportunity to get a picture of them all wearing their latest accolades. The boys both joined the leadership program and got the heavy cloth uniforms with their names on the back and red/white/blue collars up front. Legit. Gabby got her red collar, which means she can teach colored belts, and (after 100 hours of teaching experience) Caelan got her red black collar which means she can teach black belt classes, too.

They are currently training on sword form, hence the pirate-y picture :)


As you can see, we have a new set of triplets, and Brennen, I guess, is the tree tops :)



And a funny side note . . . Muriel has caught on to "white costumes for them means kennel time for me." As soon as she saw Brennen coming, she ran to the corner chair and hid underneath it. Somehow she makes herself next to impossible to pick up--think of a limp noodle toddler who doesn't want to be carried. But, carried is currently the only way to get her to go anywhere near her kennel (although she did intentionally take a nap in it last week, which shocked us all!)




1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Love the pictures of the four of them lined up in the uniforms...wow, now both the boys are growing...I'm not going to recognize Graysen the next time I see him!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...