Thursday, January 14, 2021

Things We Do

We take pictures of the puppy in her new (albeit temporary) favorite spot under the Christmas tree. Notice all the decorations are off, just the pretty lights are left. We undecorate in stages :) Actually it was really nice out yesterday or maybe it was the day before, and we pulled almost all the outside lights and took the Christmas tree and divider wall greenery down. The kids remarked on how much bigger our living room feels--imagine if we got rid of the couch! Ha!

We also do music! Brennen expressed interest in learning piano. How convenient that we already have a piano teacher coming to our house once every other week! She agreed to add a half hour for B before Caelan's hour-long lesson. So far, B says it's fun! My NGF's sister is a good teacher :)

And speaking of musical things, we're back in choir! I encouraged/required all four to participate in teen homeschool choir this semester. Some of the music is what they were working on last spring when choir was canceled due to covid. The boys came down to the waiting area to work on their pieces, so I took a picture of them. I think it's fun that they get to do this together with their friends and a few new faces, too. Oh, and my NGF brought me chocolates because she knew I was stressing about all the extra driving and chopped up school time. It all worked out, and the chocolates did make me feel better, ha!



We make epic music videos for children's ministry at church, lol! Buck and Gabby coordinated outfits, Buck learned some dance moves on the fly, Caelan strummed the guitar and sang, and I focused diligently on the camera timer because if I looked up for a second I would laugh so much the camera would shake. My little dance/music crew is the BEST!!


We cautiously buy things online . . . my mom-in-law sent me some birthday money. On the same day, I saw this super pretty little ring for sale online. I don't normally buy from companies that are randomly advertised on social media, but I kept locking in on this ring and Buck told me to go for it! It ended up being on super sale, so the biggest thing was waiting for it to ship from wherever it originated . . . the charge said London, the tracking said Hong Kong, and the label said either New York or Modesto--wherever it cleared customs. But, I'm happy to get to wear the dainty little thing. I think it's just as pretty in person as it was online . . . now Buck is trying to get me to order the antler ring I also found on the website. I'm going to need more fingers :)

(Also, it is super hard to take flattering pictures of hands . . . you hand models and photographers out there get my ugly-handed applause! :)

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

I loved watching Buck and Gabby dance in the background with Caelan.

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...