One place I never thought I'd go--a tattoo shop :) However, after watching about 100 hours of tattoo shows while Buck was recouping from back surgery, I actually find the process kind of intriguing. There really is an art to body art :) I don't like the smarmy feel the lifestyle often projects, and I'm not a fan of the homage to death and nudity that generally accompanies these places. However, we were referenced to and found this shop to be run more by college-educated men and women than the stereotypical "I learned how to tat in jail" crowd. It was a clean, refurbished turn-of-the-century home with really nice wood floors. Yes, the undercurrent of the trade-known elements were present, but it was also bright and well-kept. Overall, I'd say Buck chose a good location to get his tattoo of 25 years past spruced up. The tattoo artist laughed and said, "Oh, I was two when you got this." Thanks, bud. Lol :)
Quite a difference, right? The original had color at one time, believe it or not. Our tech/design intern at church came up with a redo of the original. Buck submitted this to the guy who would be working on his refresh. We waited a month (because they only do tattoos by appointment--and we'd been talking about this for maybe a decade, so what's a few more weeks?). They made a few on-the-spot changes, and away the tattoo gun (?) went! Buck is glad something that used to represent something very different in his life is now representative of the Cross and his longing for God to be in every part of his life. Pretty cool transformation!




1 comment:
Definitely an improvement!!!
Post a Comment