This year for Mother's Day, rather than a wrapped gift, I told the Crew I preferred a fun activity, out-and-about, together. We decided on a historic tour of old mansions. We envisioned it a little different than it was--hard wooden seats in a hot bus with iffy a/c and a very determined 80-something gal who only took us to the homes of people she knew personally.
We thought maybe we'd get to go in some homes or at least be allowed to speak (nope, against the rules!) Oh my goodness, we laughed so much on this tour. "I know you can't see the house, because of all these giant, old trees, but I've just GOT to tell you a story about it." Us: looking at foliage and sweating for two hours. Lol!!!
We were practically contortionists, bending and twisting, ducking and peering, trying to catch a glimpse of the structures our guide (when she wasn't giving driving directions through the microphone to our incredibly patient bus driver) described. At one stop, the bus pulled up right in front of the biggest oak tree you've ever seen. It was perfectly framed out the window of a younger couple who got the giggles, the silent giggles. The guy took a picture with his phone of the tree. Idk hashtag:best tour ever . . . hashtag:such a beautiful house . . . hashtag:did I get on the right bus? All you could do was laugh (very quietly ;)





1 comment:
Grandma J said...
Can you take me on that tour? And I want the whole Crew to go with me!!😂🤣
Post a Comment