Friday, November 26, 2021

How is it Already Time for This?

Wow, this year seems like it zoomed by in the blink of an eye! Thanksgiving and Christmas kind of snuck up on me this year. Suddenly it is time to deck the halls, but for that, greenery is required. And so, on a beautiful, nearly 60-degree day, we decided to check out a local tree farm for the first time. As per our usual, the tree in the parking lot about three feet from our van looked nice enough to bring home and we all agreed . . . but kind of felt like underachievers in the tree-shopping market. So, we wandered a little farther, spotting this rather large option (they could have given us a bigger measuring stick!) Graysen liked a wide variety of trees, from tiny to fluffy, and tall to scraggly, but eventually we all picked a second winner . . . (and I must mention that it was at this point I recognized a couple of sassy pants members of the Crew could use a post walk in the "woods" nap :)





We don't have a truck, so the kids had to get in the van first, shut the doors, and then hold on to the twine through the windows so the tree didn't fall off the roof :)

At home, Buck was awake (what?!) and my only tree decorating helper . . . it's like reverso-world! (how did the new spellcheck accept that as an option, when they had absolutely no help for me when I was one letter off of *souvenir* in a recent post? :) Anyway, Graysen zonked on the bird chair while Gabby zonked in her room; Brennen practiced guitar down the hall, and Caelan made frosting so we could make candy turkeys. Eventually, everyone made their way out to the living room and put their special ornaments on the tree . . . some more begrudgingly than others, ha!

 









When the tree reached merry and bright status, I went in to the kitchen to find Caelan had set out all the turkey-making ingredients alongside a massive bowl of chocolate frosting. We've been making these little Ritz turkeys almost every year since the kids were little. In fact, one of my fb memories today was of Graysen making turkeys when we first moved here (he was so little!) I learned this cute food art project way back in elementary school . . . I remember that and how to read. Good job teachers!! ;)



We had steak for Thanksgiving, no leftovers, so I made myself a turkey sandwich for dinner tonight hee-hee, hee-hee ;)

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...