Thursday, September 1, 2022

Drafty

Picture this: we've just returned from a soggy football game more than an hour away. It has been a long day, a long exhausting day--I'm ready for pajamas, popcorn, and HGTV.  After recapping his football experience to his dad, Brennen turns to me and says, "Hey Mom, the fantasy football draft I'm running is tomorrow." Pause. "I was going to see if we could have it here." I feel like he's been springing things on me lately :)

And so, the very next afternoon, on the first-day-of-school eve, a roomful of teenagers crowded into our library/classroom to select their best teams. Two leaguers couldn't make it to our house, but Buck, who brought home snacks for the impromptu party, drafted from downstairs. Meanwhile, Caelan and Noah practiced the fine art of frying cheese.


When there was a break in the action, 72 mini tacos disappeared! The fried cheese went missing, and the helmet of yucky orange and yummy caramel popcorn required a refill (as did the gallon jug of lemonade). Silly me, as everyone headed out the back to door to toss the football and sit around the non-fire pit, I assumed this was the end of the party.

"Well, the second draft is actually at 9:30 PM, so most of them are staying for that," announces my son. Lol, I should have had Buck get more snacks :)

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Never a dull moment with teenagers!!!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...