I don't have any pictures for this post, but we're proud of our hard-working humans and think they deserve an accomplishment shout-out!
Caelan recently applied for an events-lead position at one of her places of employment and received that management role! She's in charge of helping wedding receptions and corporate events run smoothly, and she loves it :)
Gabby joined seven others in applying for a management position over two departments at her home improvement store--and this 18-year-old, employee-of-the-month got the job! Pretty cool accomplishment! I know her bosses relied on her efficiency and ability to keep the garden center running smoothly last season, and with spring just around the corner, her skills are in demand, again.
In the meantime, Chase's boss bumped him up to full time (and when he's not leaping off of high shelves into cardboard boxes on the floor below) I think he's in charge of some of the hiring and ordering for the bike shop (readers who know, correct me if I'm wrong ;) I'm not sure if that's official management, but it sounds pretty important to me!
Then Noah discovered he also would receive a key to his place of employment, as he accepted a lead position (management) with a boost to full-time hours, as well! It's an extra load of responsibility, but quite an honor to have his men's clothing store owner's vote of confidence and trust.
It should also be noted that my older, youngest brother completed his testing to become a manager at the pizza place where he's been employed for the past several years. Go, Lo! I'm not sure what CJ is doing for work, but he started college, taking classes towards his degree :)
Brennen is considered part-time but is working up to 40 hours/week at his sporting goods job; he celebrated being debt free just last week! He's not been promoted yet, as he's only worked there for two months, but at this rate he'll probably own the store by his 18th birthday, lol ;)
Graysen is also working hard, wishing he was 16, so he could get a better job (but supplementing with side jobs whenever he can).
I feel like we should have a new managers' party or dinner or something to celebrate all of these teens and young adults being entrusted with part of their respective businesses' success! However, I recognize that is nearly impossible, so I'll just send out a blog post about it. They've proven themselves responsible, trustworthy, honorable, and hard-working. Way to go, family!!
"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:16 (ESV)
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."
Colossians 3:23-24 (ESV)
1 comment:
Wow..congratulations to all!
Post a Comment