Thursday, April 20, 2023

Heroic Morning

Every once in a while, there is an exhibit that looks interesting enough to make special arrangements to see . . . it took months, but we found a time when most of us could go! Between zoom meetings and classes and jobs and golf practice, we made the heroic effort to see comic books in life size :)











Pretty cool action figures, right?! They took turns trying feats of strength . . . Noah's grip put him off the charts in the superhero category! The boys tried to match him, but were slightly less super (Graysen even challenged left-handed, Noah still won :) Caelan gripped somewhere in the "sidekick" category ;) Brennen and Noah also took a run at the hanging strength from a pull-up bar. Noah pushed the timer past a minute, Brennen--determined not to be outdone again--made it to 75 seconds before his arms fell asleep and his grip loosened. So of course, Noah had to try again :) Brennen remained the champ, and a future brother-in-law handshake completed the challenge. They all had fun! I mean, it was less than an hour to see everything, but it was a fun diversion for the morning. Oh, I forgot about the lunchbox display--those things are really popular lately. Buck and I both found ours from childhood, again :)


I'm counting this as a field trip! Woohoo! History comes in many forms :)

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...