Easter morning . . . 7:30 a.m. . . . Buck and I were up and out the door to attend the closest I've come to a sunrise service in a loooong time. As always, he was enthusiastically greeted by all the fancy-looking pastors dudded up in their Easter Sunday threads. Buck's rare appearances at church garner much attention :)
When the first sermon concluded, we headed back to the nursery with a bag full of new wooden puzzles. The babies love wooden puzzles and the nursery's current stock was very well-used (like, the orange-fruit puzzle piece was partially colored in with orange crayon, well-used). I'm so glad we had the fresh options to help us with the nine babies who joined us for class. We had two criers, but they eventually settled in and had a good time. Praying for nursery babies outloud almost always calms them, pretty cool! It was also fun to catch up with our helper and pastor's daughter, who went to Africa with us last summer. She can drive a car now!
With our nursery time concluded, Buck and I headed home to get to work on the Easter meal. We decided to smoke chickens and ended up with four tasty birds. Brennen showed up in his powder-blue Easter suit, and awaited the arrival of his sweetheart (who was in the waiting line for brunch with her family at Village Inn). G$ went to the third service at our church, so he also arrived home, ready for lunch.
I brought back the Fancy Egg Casserole version 2.0 . . . I think it went better this year, not as scary, lol! I tried everything to get the eggs to peel properly this year--I even laid them on their sides the night before, in the fridge, so the yolk would shift to the correct position. But alas . . . 2.0 it is :)
The babyweds joined us and enjoyed the tasty meal; Gabby contributed a delicious strawberry Cobb salad with lots of flavors. Lunch was followed by birthday carrot cake and cheesecake to celebrate Gabby's near 21st birthday!
She opened some gifts, opted for two-and-one candles, and we sang her the special song . . . it turns out that the only birthdays, so far, that I haven't spent with our kids (on the actual day) was both girls' 21st birthdays--otherwise we're at 100% :) That's pretty amazing! I know it will become more rare as everyone gets older, but I'm glad we still got to gather and celebrate her big day. Here's a pic from her actual birthday (I borrowed it :) . . .
Buck's celebration will be this weekend, combined with a send-off meal for Brennen.
When Sarah arrived, we distributed bunny-bags (my new word for their Resurrection Day celebration gifts this year :) The five of them crowded onto the wee little couch (which was pretty funny) and checked to see what was stowed away in their basket/bags :) Brennen got a box full of OTC medicine and a thermometer, since he doesn't have those things at his 5Guys house, nor at his upcoming summer-away apartment. Kind of a strange mix of things . . . jelly beans, Pepto Bismal!, marshmallow bunny, cough syrup! Lol :)
Chase and Gabby were set to attend Easter dinner at Chase's parents' home, so we stocked them up with a chicken and some cheesecake to go . . . plus birthday gifts, camping gear, and Easter bags--they almost needed a third person to help them out the door! Brennen and Sarah picked out a puzzle from our vast collection, then left to enjoy Easter dinner with Sarah's family. G$ was stuck with us, but he just hung out in his room mostly, while Buck and I watched the three-hour American Idol Easter special. We were astonished at how much glory God got on that show--it was awesome to see! And Carrie closing the show with How Great Thou Art . . . tears galore!!
Noah and Caelan were well cared for in their distant state. They were invited to lunch by friends from church and were given Easter gifts by their friends' parents (our Easter box was quite delayed in transit, so I told them theirs was hidden somewhere between Chicago and Cincinnati--they won for hardest to find, this year :) For dinner, they joined a couple Caelan nannies for on the regular; friends becoming family--the best kind of friends to have! We missed our studyweds and are excited to see them soon . . . it's almost finals week!





(1).jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)


.jpg)


1 comment:
Brennen's bunny basket sounds very practical AND fun!
Post a Comment