Monday, March 7, 2011

Cooky for Cookies!

We've finally recovered from two straight weeks of high fevers, coughs, ear pain, and not a lot of interest in eating. What revived us? A lot of prayer for sure. I might add that the arrival of Girl Scout cookies seemed to perk the appetites back up in the under 7 crowd :)

Cae and Gab helped me stock their cookie sales into the back of our van in the midst of a winter snow storm. At home, they counted and labeled all the cookies, so they knew who got what and what went where--all on their own! We still have a lot of cookies to deliver (don't tell troop leader Annie :) Most of all, they are so excited to go to Build-a-Bear with the girls! It was all they could talk about during their community service project last week. Caelan, bless her heart, is going to build a bear for Graysen--who didn't get one when Grandma Judi came to build with Bren, Gab, and Cae (he was too little). She is going to buy her bear a new outfit instead of building herself a new bear. Very sweet and thoughtful that one.

I've been wanting to post a bunch of the funny things the kids are saying, but I forget to write them down. Drat! One from Graysen this morning: Caelan and I went grocery shopping. At Trader Joe's they were giving away 1 lb boxes of chocolates and peppermint coffee (they don't do mark downs, so they give away special event items, these were from Valentine's Day). When Graysen saw the pretty wrapped box, he said, "Mom what is this?" I said, "It's a present for mommy." Stroking the paper lovingly, Graysen said, "Mom, remember we are supposed to share."

Every night Graysen needs to go potty as soon as the bedtime door is closed. On one recent occasion I told him he could go, but he better make it snappy. I hear the potty flush, the water run as he washes his hands . . . next thing I know, here comes Graysen--jive style--walking sideways around the corner, big grin on his face SNAPPING his fingers! "I snappy mommy." Oh this child! :)

Caelan decided she was going to start collecting Toys R Us coupons. Not for any reason in particular, just thought it would make a nice collection. Graysen observed her doing this and brought me a piece of advertisement that he found with the newspaper. It was bedtime, again, and he knew he should be in his room. But he also had a question to ask me, and he knew he might not be getting it quite right. Pointing at the ad, with a furrowed brow, he said, "Mom, does this have a poop-on?"

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...