Before (what I thought was going to be) bedtime, I made the kids kettle corn and they watched a Backyardigans DVD. Well, that turned into a dance party in our little living room. So fun! The boys have some crazy moves, let me tell you, ha! Then it was dark enough that they could turn on the little planetarium star dome dealy they found in a cupboard in the classroom. They spun it around disco style and had another dance party in their room.
I think it was 11 before the girls finally settled down and went to sleep. They were having trouble deciding who was going to sleep with who in which of the beds. When I went in to check on them (after whispers and giggles subsided), I found they'd come up with a solution to their dilema . . . scrap the beds and all sleep on the floor inbetween them :)
Sleep of course didn't last long . . . a thunderstorm rolled in around 4 AM, and when the girls woke, they just decided to stay awake. Buck and I found this note outside our door . . .
Breakfast and a few hours later, we bid our guests farewell and loaded into the van for swim lessons. Fun, sleep-deprived day :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment