After watching a few plays, Brennen caught on to the manliness of it all and started asking, "When can I start football? I want to play!" I told him, I honestly have no idea when football starts . . . I think I realized it existed somewhere around high school :)
We caught a smidge of CJ's game, but he gave me the full play-by-play when the final whistle blew. His "almost interception" put stars in his eyes. And his ability to remember yardage and who did what and how many downs and all that boy knowledge stretching back through the last three games, just amazes me. How do guys do that?!
The Lo-man tends to get a response from the crowd. From a distance, it looks like somebody's dad suited up and walked to the line. He's still a gentle giant when it comes to competitive instinct, but shoot, when you are his size, just looking at the knee-high kids is enough to make them run the other way :)
Because Buck was working, I shot some footage on our camera (hoping it would delete all the pics like it did on Graysen's birthday :( ) In the brief few seconds I caught, he had all kinds of analysis . . . from doubling up on the socks to tightening the shoulder pads. Impressed. Guys and sports impress me. Cheers to the next generation hitting the field!
No comments:
Post a Comment