Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First Performance!

They started rehearsing in October, and Sunday was the grand finale of all their work! Gabby got a shepherd role, and as the shepherds were the narrators of the story, she had quite a number of lines to learn! Caelan instantly memorized the entire play and all the songs, which helped when they gave the angels try-outs for a brief solo. Caelan was so excited to be chosen! Wow, a lead actress and a soloist, amazing! And they handled it like there weren't 300 people sitting there watching them :)

The ladies at church did a great job with all the kids, getting them prepared, getting the sets ready, teaching the songs . . . and after watching the final rehearsal, I'll admit, I was a little nervous :) But the event was bathed in prayer and the kids pulled it together and gave a lovely little performance. Proud of them all!

Even the boys got in on the act, singing "Away in a Manger" to open the show :)



No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...