Saturday, May 16, 2015

Drum Roll, Please!

 
 
This morning, we slowly rolled out of bed (okay, that was me; I stay up way too late :) and headed out to see our friends' new home! It so happens, they live just a wee walk from the town's annual parade route. We've never even once attended a parade in our new town . . . in our old town, they were practically a monthly occurrence! Technically our kiddos could have joined this parade for their taekwondo club, but I wasn't familiar enough with the whole shebang, and didn't feel comfortable abandoning them downtown and catching up with them a couple hours later. So, we watched :)

I was surprised (pleasantly), how many kids they could pick out of the marching bands, clubs, etc. rolling past! We've actually made quite a few connections in this sprawling place. We even had hugs from parade marchers, high fives, and plenty of excited waving :) I didn't realize it was a "candy parade" and our boys stuffed their pockets AND the pockets of the two little boys we were watching the parade with . . . until the middle little almost lost his pants with the weight of the goodies! :) Too funny!

We walked back to our friends' house and enjoyed lunch with them--they are still just barely moved in, so we admired the gorgeous woodwork and heard all their plans and dreams for remaking the frequently-pink place into their own style.

What was extra fun, is the giant mansion . . . 1893? I think I heard someone say . . . just three houses down (always down here, or up, soooo many hills! :) was hosting an estate sale. We walked through this swank abode looking for unique pieces for M and B's new home. My girls L.O.V.E.D. this opportunity (B's hubby watched all four boys, so we ladies could browse :) I ended up finding this super cute vase, that just happened to be my sitting room's colors! And I know I got a good deal, because the original price tag was on the bottom, lol :)



Today was our cleaning day, top to bottom, toilets to garage . . . so after our tour and bonus activities took until mid-afternoon, we had some catching up to do (but isn't it fun to do things "off schedule" sometimes? Just roll with whatever fun, fellowship opportunity God throws our way?) Well . . . my girls were excellent helpers, and it turns out that by introducing this one new piece, a domino effect occurred on all the other décor in the upstairs room :) We arranged, rearranged, and started all over again when it comes to pictures and candles and all the do-dads decorating the room. We even got out the hammer and nails, whew! In the end . . . I love the vase! I  . . . think . . . I like how everything else is arranged. I'll just have to see what Buck thinks about it when he gets home :)

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...