Sunday, March 20, 2016

Playing High School Dress Up

It's funny how on Sundays, I shut down. I plan to spend the whole day chillin' with the kids, and instead I let them watch a DVD while I take a two hour nap :) So, sitting at the dinner table (I did wake up in time to make that), B said, "Mom did you go on a lot of dates in high school? How many boys asked you out?" G pipes up with, "Probably 50?" Gabby adds, "Because you were really pretty back then, right?" Ouch! Lol! ;) "That's not what I meant!!!" ha!!


I told them I don't remember going on many "dates," but I went to a lot of school dances. That led to the girls asking about my dresses, which led to the revelation that they still existed and were in fact in our very house, which led to a half-begged request and several offers to help me dig them out :)

Due to the recent restructuring to access these beauties (LOL!) for a fb funny, the dresses weren't too hard to reach. Also in the bucket was my H.S. jewelry box that contains my class ring and my dad's which of course they wanted to try on, along with the remaining promish jewelry I hadn't already distributed to them for play jewels.

The girls also, of course, are just about big enough/old enough to fit into my prom/homecoming gear. When I gave the green light for trying on the *gowns* they could hardly wait!

First up--the dress I wore in my sister's wedding :)
B saw the draping on the back and was amazed that this dress came with a "hood" ;)
This was how they looked when their sisters first started the fashion show . . .
Then the goofiness of little brothers ensued . . . here's G doing the hula in his *prom dress* Give me strength! ;)


I think the trip down memory lane turned out pretty fun :) The boys have some growing to do to fit in their dad's letter jacket, their grandpa's class ring, and their great-grandpa's overalls, but they sure had fun pretending! My girls thought maybe undershirts would be more appropriate under the strappy dresses, and here I always thought I was modest--sewing in extra cover-up panels for low necklines, etc. :) You won't hear me complain about modesty though!! 

1 comment:

Grandma Judi said...

I love the expressions the boys have on their faces - that is a great picture! You have some really cute dresses and the girls look cute in them.

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...