Jam time! Our music teacher seems to get a new instrument every time we come to class. This week it was a full drum set! The girls were working on their piano lessons (Caelan at the upright, Gab on electric, teacher on guitar) and Mr. P decided to get Graysen going on the drums. He told him which hand to hold the snare stick in, explained how the snare made its sound by flipping the drum over to show the metal strings on the bottom; he also gave an overview of the other drums and what they are called and used for . . . it was quite an impromptu lesson! G just couldn't resist trying a little drum solo :) In fact, at one point I heard him say quietly, "Why did the chicken cross the road? Because the DOG was chasing it!" Then he gave himself an ba-doom-doom-crash on the drum set, lol :)Mr. P said, "And the third part of my plan comes together!" He is trying to build a band out of our kids, ha!
Gabby also took a turn, but it was a short turn and I didn't get any video. Here's a bit more after Mr. P set up the symbol and tried to get G on rhythm with two hands and a foot! (Brennen was upstairs helping Mr. P's wife lay flooring in their newly remodeled attic space--when it was time to go, he all but BEGGED to stay and keep working on renovations. I think he misses it from our project at the K's house!)
Here's a rock band G made out of paper, that I think I forgot to post? Maybe not, maybe you get to see it twice :) He had Buck buy him like 10 rolls of packaging tape yesterday. I'll try remember to get a pic of the Star Wars fleet he's built with cardboard and tape. It's kind of impressive :)

2 comments:
Wow, this is pretty elaborate!
That is what I wanted to do but your grandmother thought I would join a Rock and Roll band and become a social deviate. She succeeded in stopping the drums!
Now you have the option of playing Praise!!!! That is what we need to keep before us!
Post a Comment