Sunday, April 9, 2017

Family Time

Doctors have this pesky habit of wanting to see their patients every so often (I know, right?) I put it off as long as I could, and then the office delayed the appointment some more . . . and it landed on a great weekend for family events!

This is an aside, but how unique is being a woman? You get to hug the doctor who delivered two of your children while wearing a paper gown. You get to balance a clipboard full of paperwork on that same pink paper gown and shake your head as the window washers thump and scrub the windows outside of your designated room. Yes, there are unique experiences to be had as a woman, lol! (Thank goodness the window washers weren't on scaffolding!)

Initially I was concerned the new appointment date might not have been keyed into their computer, because I didn't get any of the usual barrage of text, call, and email reminders that doctors' offices normally throw at a person. However, they sped me through the process and I was back to my parents' house in time for lunch.

And in time to go swap the boys birth certificates at the Public Health Department. Another, fairly easy process. It took a couple of hours, but this gave Buck a chance to tour a remodel he'd heard about and for us to scour another Trader Joe's for the coconut sticks that seem to be sold out everywhere (sad face). These really aren't very interesting details, so I'll move on, lol!

My dad was back from CA and along with my mom and brothers and our whole family--we surprised my little niece at her spring concert! She helped sing a super fun medley of rock and roll songs . . . and Miss G had a solo! She sang the Beach Boys song that Buck and I used to live in (all those beach names, Surfin' U.S.A.). She's wearing a dress that Caelan wore for Easter when she was this age (aww!) And G's music teacher was amazing! That gal wanted her kids to dance--and she showed them how, no doubt about it! She as entertaining as the concert, whether she knew it or not :)

We also had a little mini birthday party for my nephew, right there in the church aisle. C made him a custom Winter Blooms hat in his school colors--with pom-pom :) I'm told he loves it!

Next day, my dad took us to lunch at the HuHot--yummy! He and mom offered to take the kids to ice cream and back to their house so Buck and I could continue our vehicle search--with no intent to purchase til the fall, mind you. It was a beautiful, sunny day as we wondered the lots of four different dealerships (I got sunburnt). Somehow, we migrated to the place where it all began--12 years ago . . . I'll get to that story later :)

That evening, we had important business to attend--my nephew's puppet troupe, puppet show! Again, we packed the place (well, along with a gigantic crowd--they had only put out chairs for maybe a third of the number of people who showed up . . . as we walked in, they started getting out more chairs :) The girls and all the little ones went to sit with Maga on one side of the room, dad stood in the back, my boys sat on the floor in front with us, the three big boys stood "Like MEN" against the wall next to us, and we sat next to my sis and her hubby.




The lights went out and the puppets came on . . . the black light scenes were super cool, the stage was hugenormous! And there were sooooo many puppeteers who appeared afterwards--I had no idea it was such an extensive production. My favorite part was the Goliath scene--head run by my nephew himself. When the stone struck the giant, A gave the head a shake and a twirl and it just fell off backwards, ha! Perfect :)

It was super special for our kids to get to see their cousins doing the things that they love to do, while using the talents God has given them. And it was fun to see all of the kids together supporting each others' endeavors. Can't wait til we have a new little one to join the fun this summer (and by we, I don't mean we, I mean they, who are having a baby to join the we of the family in general. Didn't want any misunderstandings after the opening subject matter of this blog post, hee hee :)

1 comment:

g said...

Looks like Grandpa/Dad Barry is loving time with family!!!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...