Such a weird winter! Maybe two "big" snows, never even enough to build a snowman :( We bought full-sized carrots in December for noses (Graysen's request) and threw them out in February.
So, I decided I couldn't stand tripping over the boot bucket while the (muddy, not snowy) snowclothes cluttered up the kitchen corner, anymore. It's amazing how much lighter the house feels with all that winter stuff put away--and when the temps upstairs were dancing in the near 80's I knew I'd made a good decision for an ENTIRE day's effort . . . until the next day, when the temps dropped 45 degrees and I could see my breath outside!!! Today it's in the 80s again, so I'm still thinking it was wise to get the spring party started ;)Our collection downsized a bit via hand-me-downs to the neighbors and a give away pile for charity (I don't garage sale, I've decided this firmly, ha! :) I've also decided that I'm thankful for space bags, because I can cram so much more in those plastic tubs that line our garage like a fortress wall :) I still haven't reintroduced all of the summer gear, but little bits and pieces have been exclaimed over like long-lost friends. "I remember this shirt!!! Are those my pajamas now? Mom, where's my . . .?" (Hopefully the latter didn't go out with last year's downsizing, lol!)
1 comment:
I'm with you - donations to charities rather than garage/yard sales.
Post a Comment