Friday, January 18, 2019

Heroic Publishing

Last Christmas, I saw these cool book kits online. The author/illustrator designs a comic book on the special paper included in the package and then the completed project gets shipped back to the company for publishing. It took Gabby a year of on-and-off attention to complete her comic book. It was interesting to see the way her artistic style changed and her skills grew during that time. Her Chibi art phase was apparent mid-range :) 


I have a hard time following the storyline of any and all comic books, because the little word blurbs are really background information to the pictures, and I don't do a great job at reading pictures. However, Gabby's pictures showed a lot of motion, action, and expression, so for the most part I could keep up with what was happening. She chose bright colors and interesting characters. I think it was worth all the hard work!

Another cool feature is, if you absolutely love it, you can order additional printed copies of your book or comic book. She found a few mistakes here and there (I didn't notice them), so I'm not sure we'll be doing a bulk reprinting, but such a cool memento of her enjoyment of drawing and writing!

1 comment:

Jess and fam said...

Grandma J said...
And Gabby, you too are amazing! The Crew is so creative in so many different (and fun) ways!!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...