


It was a full-on working outside day! I had a long list of things for us to accomplish and I bet we got 80 percent of them done. Obviously *chickens* was big on the list, the coop got cleaned, the older chickens only pecked a handful of beaksful of the babies' feathers (bad chickens!!).
Buck borrowed our neighbor's tiller and got the gardens turned up. Graysen and I secured five bags of cow poo to work into the enclosed gardens. We relocated the parsley (which regrew itself) and the chives (which have been relocated from maga's house, the pot we brought them home in, the garden boxes, our enclosed garden, a part to our neighbors' garden, and then to a different box garden this day). He and I also bought 40 strawberry sets, and with Caelan's help (after we weeded) we planted all these. They were on sale, hopefully they grow! We planted another asparagus cluster, too. Last year's never made an appearance, although we have quite a few leftover onions that are already a foot high!


So many chickens! Fourteen (currently :)

The boys mowed, Buck ran the (smoking) weed eater until the thread ran out. He tried to fix his chainsaw, but it is going to require professional help. We spruced this place up, let me tell you!!

And then we watched the second Lego movie on Redbox, because we're too cheap to go to the theater. And I'm glad. Did not like this sequel much. But, I got a hefty round of grading and paper filing done, during the colorful, animated, extravaganza of eh . . . Gabby and Brennen are done with English, Caelan and Gabby are done with Government and Econ, Gabby is also done with Geometry, and the other subjects are wrapping up quickly (well, except Spanish and Biology those are gonna take a while :) The school year is wrapping up! Yay for spring things :)

And randomly . . . I noticed while we were parked at church, the "new" van reached a mileage milestone (aren't you glad you read the blog and these are the images and tidbits of information that fill your free time, ha! :)
1 comment:
You had quite a productive day and it was spent outside. Those are my favorite kind of days when the weather is nice. I cleaned everything out of my kitchen cabinets (with some help from Rudy and Z) and now everything is in boxes in the living room...now for the demolition!
Post a Comment