Thursday, March 5, 2020

Squilts

There are some new babies in the lives of our friends (and a karate instructor expecting quadruplets this summer!!) I have very little fabric left over from previous quilting projects, but it turned out there was just enough of the energetic orange and electric blue to match the bedroom of the boys (the newest arrived on Monday) in the house our kids have been helping renovate. And just enough in karate colors for the daughter of the kids' karate instructor and her first baby. We thought it was kind of special that just enough fabric was left over from baby's grandpa's 50th birthday t-shirt quilt to make him a little squilt of his own. I always forget to take final pictures of the little baby squilts (small quilts) that we make, so I thought I'd do a post for the one I remembered, and the process of arranging and rearranging the pieces for the one I forgot to take pictures of (again :) Rest assured, the karate-colored one turned out WAY cuter than it looks in these pictures. It got a happy squeal upon being opened by the new mama :)



This ended up being the final arrangement, with a black border. Hopefully I'll snag a picture from fb of the baby using it, sometimes I get picture memories that way :)


1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Very cute! My quilt gets used daily...for reading, for watching TV, for naps...Jazzy likes sitting on my lap when I am wrapped up in that quilt!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...