Saturday, February 29, 2020

A Night at the Theater

The sun is shining, this sunburst bouquet of flowers arrived from Buck's coworkers, and the time finally arrived to see our Christmas gift show as a family!

First we awed The Olive Garden waiter with our polite manners and lack of rowdy rudeness--seriously, he kept going on and on about it. I don't know how we were any different than other diners, but in all his "three years of working here" he'd never encountered a table like ours. I'll take that as a compliment :) We utilized Grandma J's Valentine gift card in its entirety, eating through an impressive stack of pasta, overflowing baskets of breadsticks, and a mountain of Andes mints (our reward for good behavior from the waiter I guess :) Our kids are fun to hang out with!


Somehow I managed to sneak this picture of the gorgeous theater without the "no pictures" brigade shutting down my innocent efforts. I didn't realize pictures before the show were a no-no until another guy was definitely corrected for his erroneous behavior, lol! 



We felt pretty grand in the top corner of our Grand Tier seats, and Buck was thrilled to sit on the aisle. The kids enjoyed the rhythms and comedy of the show, and eventually the speechless cast taught the auditorium to clap in time . . . not an easy feat ;)


We fully enjoyed our Christmas gift from Grandma J and Mr. R and our Valentine, too :) A fun evening out together was just what the doctor (that I never did go see, despite Buck's strong suggestion that I do . . . ) ordered :)

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Your kids are fun to hang out with and so glad that you were able to enjoy both dinner and the theater on us. I'm sure it was pretty easy for your family to go through that gift card! Glad you went last month instead of this month. We have tickets to go see Little Women at the Old Globe next month, but it might be postponed. It is postponed for the rest of March.

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...