Friday, July 3, 2020

More Summer Fun

Now that our covid concerns have backed off a bit, we are spending a lot more time catching up with friends. From a chai date with Mrs. K for me to a lunch munch with Pastor D for Buck, we just are reconnecting as much as we can. 

Yesterday, we went to our friends' *farm.* They recently increased their (pet) bunny population by seven. My friend said, "Come to the house; bring Buck!" Last time I "brought Buck" we about came home with a kitten; this time she wanted to give us a whole pregnant cat! Somehow Buck resisted the bunny cuteness (there was plenty!) Caelan drove over after work, and I had to tell her, as she cuddled the cute softness of those something-lop bunnies, "You have a puppy. You JUST got a puppy!" :)

While we grown ups caught up, the kids played in the pool with their friends. There are little port holes in the sides, so mine had fun doing underwater pics--look for Brennen's aquatic photo bombs :) They got a pretty impressive current going! I'm sure all the pool toys were completely dizzy ;)







Dinner was grilled chicken and potatoes, the cucumber salad we brought, and watermelon. Afterwards, the kids filled waffle cones with homemade ice cream and walked through the cornfield down to the pond. Next time, we'll bring fishing gear!





It was a super great, relaxing, catch up session. It's so nice to have friends that are comfortable.

Today, oh man did I want to get some sleep! The dogs have been taking turns getting up earlier and at all times of the night to be let out. Buck has had a ridiculous week at work, so I'm trying to catch Chauncey when he's having his fireworks stress fits and can't sleep. But this morning, I heard no dogs . . . we were going to sleep in . . . and our neighbor fired up his riding lawnmower between our two houses--directly behind our headboard--at 8:30 a.m. I know that sounds like sleeping in to some of you, but Buck's not home from work til midnight and we usually hit the pillows just before 1. My 8:30 is your 4 a.m. And it sounded like a helicopter was landing in our yard.

But, it was "okay" because we told our friends we would help them move the rest of the stuff from their grandparents' house into the dumpster now adorning the driveway. It was HOT and HUMID, but they had sing-a-longs, a carpet-rip-out dance party, there was some rapping, IDK they worked their tails off again :) This was my view . . .


His mama hurt her back, and I've kept my distance during the covid stuff, even though we see these guys weekly. This was the first time I got to hold the baby, and I took advantage of his needing the advantage of indoor air conditioning :) I did find a tiny hammer and pulled nails from the walls with one hand while I held him in the other (he's only three months old, so super light for the first half hour or so--you know how babies get heavier somehow as you hold them longer; it's a mystery :)


We came home, the kids showered and changed and ate lunch. We ran a bunch of errands around town, and then I fell asleep as soon as we got home, again. I woke up to Caelan's night of cooked cuisine (tostadas) after which she made chocolate pixie cookies for the Hamilton party we're attending tonight at sunset. See? All the social functions :)

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Sounds like Caelan has inherited her dad's penchant for animals!! Pool pics are great....looks like a fun day. Glad you were able to get a nap and what a treat...wake up to the smell of dinner cooking!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...