Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Back to School?

It was one of those days when I was just walking in circles. I knew I had projects, but didn't know where to start. Finally, I just decided. School organizing time. I had the boys start moving books and boxes. I knew I had a solid five hours until Buck was home from work. Let the sorting begin!

The funny thing is, I normally wait until we finish one school year to begin prepping for the next--so this seems a bit early. But we are super close to done. The boys are done--they took their pre-algebra and Algebra I finals last week. The girls have Civics and Spanish to wrap up--hopefully this week! And then their final paper of British Lit is due next week. So close!

I was a bit amazed at all the curriculum I've saved to "use again" that is no longer age appropriate for the boys. They've outgrown so much of it! My curriculum give away/sales pile is quite large and my reusables bucket quite empty! I actually made Graysen's high school plan (he's super excited, lol!) in the midst of the sort, so I could figure out what goes and what will need to be replaced.

Seven hours later, I feel like I got a pretty good start. I worked a few hours the next day and pop in and out of making new assignment sheets, and writing a list of all I need to accomplish before school starts--in mid-September ;) I've got some time, but I'm glad I got a good start on getting organized. Hoping it will be a good year! Much better than this post, lol! I'm listening to The Hobbit movie at the same time, and not focusing on my writing. This is what unfocused writing looks like, kids. Turn off the distractions and focus on your words, lol!



Beauty . . . I have to throw in some beauty :) Do you see the butterfly? We always wonder if this flowering hibiscus will come back after our aggressive spring trims, but it always does! Love that pop of pink!



1 comment:

Grandma J said...

That's quite a stack of books you have there!!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...