Just like I said I would :)
The tulips exploded (and turned orange)!
And the sinks exploded, too . . . oh the timing! Apparently the kids' got disconnected by itself. Gabby noticed that dripping mess before Buck left for work, and he got it reattached below decks. Hours later, I was cleaning the master bathroom and Gabby ran upstairs to say there was water dripping through the light in the laundry room. While I was looking downstairs, she looked under my sink and it was full of soap bubbles from my cleaning efforts. I took the following picture and saw that our side wasn't attached either!! What in the world? Brennen attempted his first plumbing job, and got it pulled apart, scrubbed out, and reattached. But every time he fixed one leak, a new one appeared in a different location. Oh my stars! Cleaning the bathroom became a much bigger task than originally expected.
In fun news, my nephew's doppelganger celebrated his 16th birthday, in part, by finding out what kinds of pop my kids wanted and delivering them in his new (to him) car! That boy was beaming. It was pretty exciting to hear all his updates. It's like dominoes now with the 15-year-olds turning 16 this year. Hold onto your hats . . . and your car keys!
Graysen has been doing some sweet woodworking with the long-forgotten woodburning kit. He said, "I need a hobby," and I said, "We can handle that!" We have a drawer full of carving tools that Brennen gave up on when he tried carving without wearing gloves (eek!) Glad to see them back in use (and love the smell of the burning balsam wood!)
One other fun thing we did this week, which I do not have great pictures of, is being Easter egged by our neighbor kids! Their mom texted and told me they were trying to be sneaky, so we were sure not to notice them in the back yard :) Muriel for sure noticed them, though. She didn't follow the rules :) They hid 30 plastic eggs filled with candy! Why so many? Well, I told their mom our NGFs were coming over for an impromptu afternoon visit (our hike got cancelled because one of the kiddos got foot stitches). It was the perfect sunny day distraction, and then all the kids played together. Yay, springtime!
One other fun thing we did this week, which I do not have great pictures of, is being Easter egged by our neighbor kids! Their mom texted and told me they were trying to be sneaky, so we were sure not to notice them in the back yard :) Muriel for sure noticed them, though. She didn't follow the rules :) They hid 30 plastic eggs filled with candy! Why so many? Well, I told their mom our NGFs were coming over for an impromptu afternoon visit (our hike got cancelled because one of the kiddos got foot stitches). It was the perfect sunny day distraction, and then all the kids played together. Yay, springtime!









No comments:
Post a Comment