Saturday, January 29, 2022

Silly Things

While we were out at my brother's house, Caelan spotted rows and rows of bubble wands--I don't know how she spotted them, because they were in the dark garage on a shelf towards the middle of the wall--but she did. My brother said, "Don't just take one, take a whole box!" So, we now have 80 plus bubble wands in our possession. But not for long . . . Caelan decided to take bubble wands to the college campus to hand them out to students, so they would smile and be happy :) She also made use of the bubbles at her job on campus, a recreation of that scenario is available below . . . (this was after we were having a semi-serious discussion with Gabby downstairs, and noticed bubbles falling from the stairwell above, lol :)



Last Tuesday, I fell down the stairs (shouldn't text and walk in socks) and was feeling pretty stiff and sore (my shoulder thing, which still bothers me daily 1.5 years later, was really flaring up already, blech), so I didn't go to youth group (long intro to complete that thought, ha :) When the kids got home from youth group, Buck and I were sitting downstairs when coordinated thumping started occurring on the ceiling above us. I walked upstairs to find the four teenagers busting a move to Just Dance online. This was something they'd done at youth group that night I'd missed, and also something Caelan said they did in show choir as a warm-up (lol, this college experience is something! :) Anyway, the youth group kids loved it so much, they brought it back a second week, so I got to see some of the dancing in person. Wow, my kids are strong in the wiggle department, ha!



In other news, omicron has been busy in our community. It seems like everyone is ill (including a team of people from our church currently quarantined in Paraguay on a mission trip). I'm 99% sure we had covid during Christmas break, so are good for 90 days, but we never tested. Buck brought home some handy-dandy rapid tests that have been sitting on the counter. Graysen got some pretty gnarly nosebleeds last weekend, so we told him not to blow his nose hard for a few days. Well, at the same time, he developed a head cold, drainage gave him a sore throat and a cough, etc. etc. I touch all his schoolwork, so I woke up with a sore throat, runny nose, etc. yesterday. Caelan has a little cough, Brennen has a little cough, lots of sneezing happening, so I thought, "Okay, $5 test, I'll take you." Buck, Gabby, and Graysen have all taken all the other versions of the test (nose, spit, blood), so I'll try rapid.

It was negative. As I expected. We just have a head cold thing going around. However, when I sent this pic to a friend on messenger, I think she did a double-take, thinking it was a pregnancy test, lol! Nope, haven't taken one of those in about 15 years ;) I just thought I should take a selfie with my first pandemic test. Negative, woot! (Actually, we have never had a positive test, only positive antibodies meaning we have had it--and I think at this point, everyone has had it at least once).

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Dancing kids!! Lots of them....fun! Glad you are all feeling better.

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...