Friday, June 9, 2023

Worship Team Finale

I didn't have time to post this before we left for vacation, so if I've written this info elsewhere--you get to read it twice :) I'm also a little on the struggle bus with putting words together, so bear with me!

Shortly before we left for Hawaii, Noah and Caelan completed their last scheduled opportunity to help lead worship at our church. Our pastors acknowledged Caelan's years of serving--in a variety of ways--at the prayer meeting before church started. It is a long list :) When they reached the end of it, they looked at Noah and said something along the lines of, "And we're glad you're here, too!" :) Actually, they have both served God well through music and student ministry, consistently, during their relationship, and that is awesome to see. 

Now as they transition into finding their own church community and they take a break from outward ministry for their first year of marriage (focusing on building a strong foundation in their ministry to each other as husband and wife), pray that God provides them with friendships and mentorships that positively affect their growth together as a couple. While I know I will miss seeing them up on stage every other week or so, they are off to a great start on their forever :) 



Another cool thing about this particular Sunday, Noah's mom and sister were traveling back from a family event and came to church with us! Noah's mom hasn't had the same opportunities that I've had to experiencing "the kids" leading worship together. We both did the "weird mom" thing and videotaped bits of their songs. Hashtag worth it! (Lol, another weird mom thing ;) Then we all went out to eat lunch together before heading back for Gabby's graduation dinner . . . in between which the boys moved Noah out of his basement apartment and into our classroom, until the apartment he and Caelan will share after the wedding is ready for him to move into. It was quite a day!



Those drums, though!

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...