Thursday, September 5, 2024

Draft 2024

Buck and I arrived home from our weekend getaway in time for the drafts Brennen set up. I say draft(S) because Buck didn't realize he was in more than one--good thing we got home a little early :) We ended up one short of even numbers, so Brennen invited his new friend K to participate. She came over to join the fun, and brought her own energy and fun along--plus cookies! Her mom got up early and baked us cookies. I tell you what. I am a slacker in this department. The first time Caelan went to Noah's house, his mom sent me home a plant. The first time K comes to our house, her mom sends us homemade cookies. I guess I've still got time to prep in thoughtfulness when it's Graysen's turn to go a courtin' :)

When the set time arrived, the remote newlyweds dialed in and perched beneath the Broncos pre-season game for the draft festivities. According to today's grades, Buck is at the top of the charts and Gabby's up there with him. Noah and I are holding things steady at the bottom of the field, but we may just surprise everyone! :)



After the teams were locked into place, K proposed a game of Scrabble--I don't know if that game has made its way out from the bottom of the game stack in a decade. Brennen said it is because he knew he couldn't beat me, lol :) So the one game I might actually be able to win is the one no one wants to play? Except K! We dusted off the board, set up the game, and Gabby, of course, gave me a run for first place. Daisy tried to play for a little while, but her vocabulary is pretty limited ;) Chase and G$ decided to go play video games down the hall. Buck was struggling with a waterlogged grill situation, but announced that dinner finally managed to get itself cooked right as our game was about to wrap up! Mmmm, steak.

Brennen took K on a tour of The Manor grounds here at The Acre. The chickens were panting in the crazy intense heat for their portion of the explore. When the teens returned, K wanted to jump right in to the Oz puzzle I bought that weekend. We discovered we have similar sorting strategies and she was way excited about the sorting boxes I received as gifties a couple years ago. They are great! So, I got to read a book and start a puzzle last weekend, yay! Both goals for the relaxing weekend. Check and check!




It's fun when we all get to take pictures of each other at the same time, lol! I couldn't get my photo button to work, so great facial expressions when it finally did, ha!

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Glad Brennen's friend, K, was able to round out your draft group. I'm hoping to learn more about her!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...