Let's see, where to begin? Aha! Amazingly, Buck was scheduled three Sundays off in a row! One of our pastors (jokingly) said, "Wait . . . you didn't get fired, did you?" That's how rare it is for Buck to be at church on more than one Sunday in a month. Bonkers! He helped me in the nursery; we had 8 babies, all about Miss H's age (she was one of our drooly guests). It would have been tricky without him, so I'm glad he was willing :) Also, it's been fun to host Sunday evening grill-outs for the local Crew + friends :) Chase and Gabby joined us last weekend, as did Brennen and K. Buck made pork chops and they were goooood!
The little wildflower K picked the day we first met her lasted for more than three weeks, which is pretty wild ;) Speaking of wild--I got to go for a wild ride during forklift and scissorlift certification training! What a funny opportunity, something I NEVER would have guessed I'd be training to do :) Not that I WILL, but I COULD if I needed to . . . the instructor said, "I've actually had to fail people on this course." I said, "Was that today?" Lol. He said no, that he passed me, as long as I did okay on the tests. One we went through as a class, and the other I finished up during the lunch break. I also brought home the training manuals for further clarification. It's good to learn new things!
What? A football photo? Why yes! Brennen did graduate last year and thus completed his homeschool flag football career--however, the Varsity needs more of a challenge than the JV can provide, so Coach asked all available alumni to come back and scrimmage at Thursday practices. Brennen squeezes this in between a full work day, and the Bible study he's felt called to lead for the Boyz. Unfortunately, this week, he got crashed into and knocked his head on the ground and frustrated up his back. He actually called-in to work on Friday, which is not typical for him, at all. Double unfortunately, our chiropractor was closed that day.
Have you ever seen a pink caterpillar before? Awww! So cute! Oh, and choir started up again--we have some fun songs, and I love hearing Chase's sister play them on piano :) It's nice getting to see the newlyweds every week and Chase's parents, too!
Buck and I went out for brunch after church last week--actually, we went out for brunch in the same place with G$ this week, too :) But last week, I tried avocado toast for the first time! I'm always behind on the trends by at least a year. I very much enjoyed it--although it was near impossible to eat with a fork. Buck also enjoyed his double cinnamon roll platter, and that's what G$ chose when it was his turn to order.

However, it gave K a chance to spend the day with us :) She started a blanket project a couple of years ago, but didn't get as far as the sewing part. She brought over her mom's machine, which was her grandma's machine, and we worked out how to use it. She was so excited to finish the project and also to learn how to use the machine. She's now hoping to take a run at other sewing projects she's had on hold at home. There was furry fluff everywhere, but it was fun :) I was extra amazed when her idea of stringing the vacuum cord across the living room actually kept the dogs out actually worked. I don't know if they didn't want to mess with the cord or with K, lol! She also "encouraged" Brennen to finish another dozen or so thank you notes from graduation. Just another dozen to go!
She wanted to dance with the blankets on :) Brennen played along, nicely . . . oh, but then I had plans with the newlyweds and Buck for dinner at a new Italian place in town. Buck arrived there straight from work, so I had to parallel park, solo. I did an excellent job of lining it up by the curb--just not so much within the front and back markers, which I didn't actually realize were there. Must be that epic scissorlift parking job you got to see up above. Yeah. That was me. Heehee :)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)







.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



2 comments:
That avocado toast looks AMAZING!! I've made it with a poached egg, but yours looks really fancy!
Is learning how to drive the forklift part of your job?! A good skill to have...you never know when you will need it!
Post a Comment