Sunday, December 29, 2024

Out on the Town

It's been a decade since we've attended any work parties--mostly because the guy bosses never threw any. It's been a different story having a lady at the helm. She implemented all kinds of holiday festivities and feasts to thank the employees, including this special evening for just the managers. It turns out, I'm spot on most of the time with axe throwing--but really have to chuck the thing to get it to stick. Buck is good at both aspects of this popular game. He grew up "playing it" when it was just him and trees in the woods :)



Even the gift packaging was cute from Buck's new boss! Inside was a very nice surprise--a Broncos jersey! And the gift card his boss included was PERFECT for Caelan's birthday brunch . . . to be continued on that story :)

Two nights later, Buck arrived home in time from work to pick me up (from a rushed trip to the grocery store) to attend a candlelight concert I've been wanting to see for a few years! We were both so hungry from working all day and not stopping to eat that we just grabbed Cane's chicken strips and chowed down in the parking lot on the way to the fancy concert :) We're very balanced in our bougieness.

Upon arrival, we were surprised to be taken into a little upper level theater that we didn't know existed beyond the main stage. There were 100s of happy candles set up, and somehow we ended up in the only row of seats on the floor with them! While Buck figured out which candles were flashing instead of flickering and which ones had lost their battery juice completely, I was taking in the quiet and calm of the space. Then the four musicians walked out, two violins, a viola, and a cello and from their first notes, tears were in my eyes. It was simply lovely! 



We could see the first violinist's music from where we were sitting and the Vivaldi piece basically looked like someone poured ink across page--I don't know how it's possible to follow, play, perform, read, understand, keep up with, etc. etc. that many notes in that small of a measure! But wow, could that lady make her violin sing! Only at the very end were we encouraged to record some of the music. I tried to shrink the piece down enough to load on here. Let's see if it worked . . .

This was my most favorite thing we did this Christmas season! The music ranged from classical to jazzy to folk, but all in the Christmas and wintertime genre. It was awesome! I hope you enjoy the little glimpse of our special evening out :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been seeing lots of advertisements for these candlelight concerts.

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...