There seemed to be a theme of silly photos during this extended time together--I planned to do a separate post of all of those, but have decided to just keep them in the mix :) Here we are back at the beginning! To kick off the festivities of the week, Grandma J's friend sent us this amazing gift basket with all kinds of sweet and savory treats to keep us in snacks throughout the week. So very thoughtful!
Buck got the Yeti set up outside, but it seemed to be planting trees more than carrying them :)
Gabby came over to accompany us to the airport to collect Grandma J. The flights were a mess and rebooked automatically when the first set canceled unexpectedly. This meant a very late arrival; was it 2 a.m.? Buck's crazy December schedule meant he had to sleep to be ready for big boss walks at work, so Brennen agreed to drive. Staying up that late meant I got a bunch of stuff accomplished that I otherwise wouldn't have had time for. I don't think Brennen slept either. But Chase and Gabby did, until I woke Gabby up to go. We were a merry three, listening to early 2000s pop music and singing along in the car :) A surprising number of planes arrived that late, so we were not alone in the pick-up line; everyone was very happy to see Grandma J, bundled up like a native Californian, come wheeling her bags to the van!
Because of my increased hours at work, I spent quite a bit of the first day logging some of those (actually, I worked quite a bit in the in-betweens and when Caelan and Noah went to enjoy Christmas with his family--Grandma J read a lot of books when I was boring company :) On this evening, the boys set up Ticket to Ride to teach Grandma J, and I couldn't resist their invitation to stop working and join them :) Look at that pretty pink sunset!
We went to bed fairly early that night, because we knew the next morning Noah and Caelan would arrive! They drove through the night to reach us in the wee hours of the next morning. Olive and Daisy didn't know what to do with all this excitement--company galore! After greeting the new arrivals, we all grabbed a few hours of sleep. Gabby arrived later in the morning and the girls went to work helping Grandma J make chocolate caramel brownies! They didn't last long :) Did we end up making a second batch? Hmmm . . . we for sure talked about it!
We chose a Christmas puzzle to start at home (I think, after Caelan worked on ironing on the name tags to the dozen plus hats my bro and sister-in-law ordered for all the cousins on K's side). Below is the treadmill's hiding space I mentioned in the blog after this one :) Almost invisible!
Buck worked his required half day that morning . . . and then was off until after Christmas! The second part of Grandma J's Christmas gift to us all was a Christmas show--dinner and a show, just on different days :) But I'm so glad it worked out, because this is one of my favorites! We planned to watch White Christmas on DVD later that evening, but I think I missed it entirely this year! Maybe I'll go watch today . . . it's still January, after all . . . and we're a bit like Vermont with no snow :)
You may notice in the photo of Buck and me below--we have our own little lady, lol!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment