Valentine's Day 2025--heart-shaped boxes of chocolates made their way into the hands of all our favorite Valentines. The schoolyweds received theirs by mail (plus elderberry chews to fight the germs of education) and the others at the table (although Graysen's was the only one that happened day-of). Brennen got his, plus a couple of new shirts, on the day Chase and Gabby also came for dinner (Buck got the baby beef sticks for a Valentine). He mostly stays at the 5Guys house, but comes home for clothes and showers. He's welcomed a sweetheart into his world, and we got to meet her the day after Valentine's Day. They came over to make dinner together (lasagna and garlic bread), while Buck and I tried to both get to know S and to give them space to enjoy their at-home date night :) Baby pictures were shared, questions were asked, and hugs were given. She's a sweetheart (and seriously, SO pretty), we are enjoying getting to know her better. In fact, they joined us for dinner at our favorite local restaurant on Sunday. Caelan called it a double date, which I guess I didn't process until she said it. Gosh, our kids are old enough to double date with us? Pretty crazy, pretty cool <3
Chase and Gabby had an exciting morning, recently! They got to see their little wiggly baby on ultrasound, and learned if they are expecting a son or a daughter :) We don't get to find out until the end of this week, and I can hardly wait! I think most of us think it's a girl; Caelan, Graysen, and Grandma J guess boy. Baby is the size of a pop can, Gabby said, "Probably Dr. Pepper." They attended a marriage conference over the weekend and Gabby helped in the nursery Sunday morning. Her body isn't handling busy schedules very well right now, and she was pretty ill yesterday. Hoping the second trimester feelings of health and energy kick in for her soon!
On Sunday, Buck and I tuned in to the livestream for the schoolyweds' church . . . because Caelan rejoined the worship team! Well, they both did, but there was already a drummer scheduled for this past weekend. They will both serve together at the end of next month. The song line-up was all familiar; including the responsive song "He willlll, He doessssss, We dooooooo." I texted Noah the last, and he was pretty confused (maybe impressed? :) that I knew what song they were singing at church--until Caelan told him we were watching from home :) It's midterms week for him, so he's busy with assignments and tests, while Caelan is busy with social things like spin class, coffee with friends, and nannying. We are looking forward to seeing them and catching up in person, soon!
My brother also made a recent appearance on TV :) He and K took turns reading Scripture and doing the opening prayer over the past couple of weeks. It is still so strange to see him here, interacting with people we've known for a decade. But, whoomp there he is!
(P.S. We love Graysen, too, I just don't have any relevant pictures for this post :)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment