Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve Service

The three oldest kids were excited to sing on stage for our church's Christmas Eve service. Buck was working, so despite my best planning efforts--we still arrived as the rest of the kids were already standing on stage. Ugh! We found four open chairs dropped the coats and the C G & B scurried to the front to join their friends.

My camera doesn't do so well in low lighting, but I wanted to grab a couple of pictures for Buck since he couldn't be there. Well, after Graysen watched me go to the front of the church, I guess he figured it was okay for him to do the same. While I was attempting to video tape a little bit of the singing (it is super bouncy, sorry about that!) Graysen decided he was going to visit his brother up front. So there he went, fearless, on a friendly visit.

What I didn't know until we arrived, with the snow beginning to fall, and the coats quickly bundled, was that Graysen brought a toy gun we'd borrowed from my younger brothers. Yes, to church. Now not only did he bring his toy gun to church, but he also took it with him to visit his brother at the front of the church during the singing. Oh dear.





When we returned home, I was able to catch a couple of quick pictures of the kids. Graysen kept closing his eyes, on purpose, and smiling big. I told him if he wanted presents the next morning, he better choose to open his eyes for the next photo. It worked. In fact look at how big all the kids' eyes became--they weren't taking any chances :) Ha!

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...