In the midst of the madness, a certain young lady was ready to celebrate her birthday. We decided with her older sister that 9 was a good year to have a friend party, but we were about to leave and go to a place where there were not yet friends . . . what to do? Squeeze in a fun party (among the half-packed layout of the house :)
She chose a Pajama Party theme . . . invitations went into the mail . . . and everyone had pictures or games or reasons they couldn't be there the entire time. And you know what? God took care of that too! The uniforms didn't show up in time for pictures, so pictures were moved to another date. Games that were supposed to happen, were delayed because of soggy fields. With the exception of one girl who came late, Gab had the whole invite list at her party for the whole time. Pretty cool!
It seemed like it took awhile for the girls to gel and self-motivate fun. I planned a very open schedule, because I like kids to make their own fun :) We ate a pancake and sausage lunch, with fruit salad (prepared by the birthday girl)--the orange slush punch was a huge hit!
Gifts came next, and she got some great art supplies, a bubble machine, and Barbie and the Pink Shoes DVD--when you're at a pajama party, you have to watch a movie right? So on their sleeping bags and pillows, in the middle of the day, the girls watched the movie--and had a balloon fight, and split up to go play in the backyard.
We called everyone together to make Cool Whip and sprinkle strawberries, to sing the birthday song, and enjoy some "pancake" themed birthday cake :) Afterwards, they painted nails, did make-up, and giggled (as little girls do).
Pretty sure Miss Gabs ended up having a special friends birthday party--one of half a dozen parties (she always seems to get the most!) to celebrate wonderful her :)
Saturday, June 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colorado
We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...
-
I haven't had much to post lately, just a few things here and there. So here is some here, so you can see what we're up to there ;...
-
I've already shared these with Grandma J, but there is a bit more to the story . . . Buck: I got a text from Grandma J! G$: Is she co...
-
Did you know . . . this was going to be a wee little post that I forgot to finish for quite a long time? Yeah, me, too. I managed to attend ...
No comments:
Post a Comment