Monday, January 12, 2015

Feeling Fancy

Knowing our New Year's celebration would be pretty low key, my husband brought home some fancy cheese and sparkling cider for us to enjoy. And then . . . everyone (but me!) got sick. So we have this plank of fancy-shmancy cheese in the fridge that we finally cracked into about 10 days later. We chose our favorites and then saved the rest to share with the kids . . . new culinary experiences and all that ;)

So today for lunch, while eating strawberries (and other things), they sampled Manchengo (sheep's milk cheese), Tipsy Goat (goat's cheese, hence the name), and Iberico (a combination of goat, sheep, and cow milk).

They collectively decided that all of these rather bitter cheeses tasted best when smothered by Triscuits :) I agree, although I do like the Iberico best. To my surprise, the sheep's milk cheese had the most votes for fav! Who knew?


 
As I don't have a picture of G sampling cheese, I will include his quote . . . upon passing around the fancy cheese samples, he pointed out, "You know Grandma Judi makes cheese." So, there you have it . . . Grandma J--you are on the spot next time we visit. Get your cheese-making gear ready!

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...