Monday, January 26, 2015

Two Bits

We know some of you (I won't mention names) are enjoying warm and sunny locations with palm trees and ocean breezes . . . but I have to say, for January in our little part of the world . . . sunny and 63 is pretty sweet! The kids asked if they could eat lunch outdoors . . . you betcha!



With all of my recent knitting experience (I even made a two-tone hat with the "magic knot!"), I decided I was qualified enough to teach Mr. B how to knit. We'd tried once before, but it was the blind leading the blind. Plus, he chose green needles and green yarn which made it next to impossible to figure out what was going on :) So, not feeling well and slumped on the couch instead of at church, we gave it another go.

He caught on fairly quickly, and where he had trouble, I could mostly go back and fix it up. He kept saying things like, "Mom, do you like to knit?" "Me too, that's something we have that's the same." "Wow, this is so great! I'm so glad I learned to do this!" "Graysen, you should really learn how to knit. It is so much fun!" Granted, he didn't even pick up his needles today on day two, but he's determined to make himself a scarf (or at least he was  yesterday), so we'll keep posting updates as the project grows.

1 comment:

Papa Barry said...

I seriously did reach for the air conditioning in the mustang today, but I thought "Are you crazy? It's January!" So I drove on with my top down.

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...