Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Booyah!

We've never been super pushy about accomplishing milestones "on time." G learned to ride his bike this year. He also learned how to multiply and how to spot pronouns in a book he's reading. So . . . whatevs :)

However, one thing that I've been really starting to feel like he needed to accomplish knowing . . . the tying of the shoes. Granted we've worked on this on and off for years. Today, there was a video online that showed a faster way to tie one's shoes; I thought maybe it would be easier, so (after I learned it myself) we gave it a go. After a couple successes and 25 minutes, I said, "Do you just want to try the old fashioned way?" He did, and he figured it out!

Now the funny thing is, I was kind of hoping he'd just figure it out on his own. So about 6 months ago, I told him . . . "You learn to tie your shoes, and I'll give you $5." I know he's worked on it on and off, but finally today, everything clicked. So if I can get the video tutorial he made (just in case you can't yet tie your shoes) to load, you'll see that he's in full celebration mode by the end :)





"Man! I'm learning so much stuff!!" he told his sisters :)

2 comments:

Papa Barry said...

That bunny rabbit thing is how I taught all three of you. I can't imagine you forgot! Way to go G but way too cheap. Should have been $20!

Jess and fam said...

You're welcome to send the rest, Gpa ;)

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...