Saturday, January 9, 2016

Monster Good Time

The rumble of rearing engines shook our seats as the plastic-covered monster machines flew through the air . . . and then crashed right in front of our seats. I have to tell you, my jaw hurt afterwards from being so tense ;) Well, that and the cold . . . they have to open the doors to keep the crowd from passing out, and we're


having sub-zero temps right now. We could literally see our breath, though we could not hear our words (thanks to effective ear plugs) INSIDE the building. Wow! 




We've talked for years about taking the kids to see the Monster Trucks smash and crash the little cars. I'm glad we waited until they were older! It was pretty intense, but really cool too! Once you (I) got used to seeing how securely the drivers were situated inside their revving machines, the flips and flops and rollovers and crashes seemed less heart-stopping :)


The kids loved it . . . the girls weren't so sure when we revealed our Dad Fun Day destination, but they were super glad they got the chance to see such a unique show in person. 

Afterwards, we stopped at the store to replace C's necklace (the nice one we bought her for her birthday). One of the links just fell out when she was sitting on the couch! It was crazy . . . but now it's all taken care of :)

We grabbed some dinner at a bbq place we like, since the preceding events brought us all the way to dinnertime. When we got home, I threw some laundry in the dryer, heard a THUD, and now the dryer's broken. Sheesh. My neighbor is drying the two wet loads I needed to get finished tonight . . . because our bedding is in it! Kind of a necessity there . . . in the meantime, the kids watched the new Minions movie with their dad. G$ said, "This is SO funny, and SO inappropriate at the same time." Lol--pretty much sums it up!

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...