Sunday, January 15, 2017

Because We Don't Have Enough Animals at Home . . .

Lol! Maybe they were shopping for the next addition to the family zoo? :)

Buck is a morning person--if he wants to get something done, it is happening as close to after breakfast as stuff is available to accomplish. Me . . . not so much :) So, when he offered to take the kids on an A.M. zoo trip, and told me I could stay home and read . . . how could I pass up such an offer? :)

I didn't just read: I vacuumed, ran the laundry, cleaned the fan, put away the towels, dusted some stuff, put lunch together, etc. etc. BUT I did sit down and read, too. My friend Glory let me borrow the book her daughter gave her for Christmas, The Magnolia Story, by Chip and Joanna Gaines. Aww, they're just the cutest those two!

However, while I read, I kept receiving picture updates . . .







So, I sent back this picture of their animal, who stared out of the window in this position the whole time they were gone. He's a dog that likes to know where his people are at all times :)




3 comments:

Grandma Judi said...

What a nice treat for you! Going to the zoo is always a fun thing to do - looks like it might have been a little chilly, but I bet the kids loved it! The picture of Chauncey says it all!

Grandma Judi said...

Is that last pic of Buck in front of the aquarium? That's a great pic!

Buck and Jess! said...

Yes, the eel came over to say hello :)

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...