Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Arrival of Smaug

Whew--in Hobbitland, that would cause a few residents to shake in their shoes! (Well, technically Hobbits don't wear shoes because their feet are so hairy that they stay warm on their own . . . I may have to work on my analogies ;)

Regardless, we have a new underwater pet--ironic since Smaug was a very fire-breathing dragon :) The boys decided they wanted to increase our pet population with an aquatic friend (G$ still has plans to up our amphibians in the summertime via a natural catch on the back hill).

In the past three weeks they've earned almost $100 in their scooper business! Wowza! So I told them because they spent their first two weeks (mostly on pet gear, but a couple of toys as well), they have to save the next two. They are cool with that :)






This little fish was a cheap purchase--I took the Christmas flowers Buck brought home out of this vase, washed it out, and it went the fish! No tank required :) The rocks in the bottom are some decorative rocks that I bought when we moved in . . . when I was trying to be an interior decorator, lol! They've been in a crystal candy dish for a few years, but now they are the "gold" that Smaug guards :) Our Betta only eats once per week, and requires a jug of distilled water. Total investment: $10? :) They like to watch him; G$ just wants to play with him, but fish don't play well.

Graysen said, "The good thing about a fish is, if you put your finger by the glass, they move around. If they don't . . . they're dead." Zoologist in the making right there, folks :)

1 comment:

Grandma Judi said...

Sounds like their business is quite profitable!!! I love Graysen's comment about how to determine if a fish is dead or alive!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...