Ha :) I shall explain. I was looking at our water bill just now, and it had the usual charges on it. Each bill is combined into two months of water usage. Mine said, "Balance due: $0." Hmm, that's weird. Pretty sure we used water in the past two months. So I went to my *bill pay,* compared the three paper bills we've gotten this year, and they are all accounted for . . . however, there is a $96 credit on the last round's bill that I guess I missed. I didn't have a record of paying $96 dollars anywhere. What is going on? Well, next to the credit it says, "Deposit Applied." What deposit? I went searching on the water website, and found the user agreement. Apparently four years ago, we agreed to give them a deposit to give us water. Good exchange, in my book! They added a 5% interest per year to whatever that deposit amount was . . . I don't even remember it at this point. We established ourselves as reliable customers over the years, and I guess at the end of that--they paid us back! Well, that happened last month, but I had no idea it happened, so I paid anyway. That means this month I once again have a credit! Woohoo! God paid the water bill :)
In other house happenings . . . the weather was pleasant this morning, so we decided to paint the shed! It went super fast, until we realized we were a few paint brushes short of a crowd. The rolling went quickly--we had plenty of those. The trim painting, whew, seemed to take forever perched at the top of a ladder. Gabby stuck with me all morning, while Buck went in to make lunch. It is not perfect, but it is a shed. A barn. A storage space. And a future chicken coop/garden/berry bush supporter :) And it looks super cute painted in its matching house and deck colors up there on the hill!I'll post pictures once we get the swingset painted to match. So much painting!
Other than that, we ran over to the hardware store to get a few odds and ends (with our rebates; earned some more too ;). Among these items--a portable air conditioning unit for the garage workout room. This presented a couple of mental challenges, since it needs to be vented . . . we don't have any windows or doors in our garage . . . we thought about cutting a hole in the wall, but the walls are solid cement. So . . . we're going to improvise and expect awesomeness :) No holes--just good old A-family ingenuity, hee hee :)
No comments:
Post a Comment