Friday, July 7, 2017

More Hard Things

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you've had . . . did anyone else watch Battle of the Network Stars this week on TV? I remember watching it when we were young. Possibly the last time I saw it was when *Blair* and *Tootie* were competing in the 80s as they competed again this round :) Anyway, that has nothing to do with this blog post, except it explains why the song is playing through my head . . .

I called our mortgage company; they can only honor an appraisal ordered through themselves. Seriously!? And there is a drop off time for the mortgage insurance, but I am "not an authorized person on the account" so they cannot tell me when. So, we eat the $510 I guess. I don't think ordering another round of appraisal at the same rate would make a whole lot of sense at this point :(

This week we received a bill in the mail from when Brennen had that weird leg infection LAST FALL. Apparently when we went to our normal pediatrician's office, the visiting doctor who saw B was not "in-network," so instead of a $15 co-pay, we pay for the entire appointment. And, because it took so long for the bill to get to us, I can't contest it with the insurance company: "You are beyond the 180 day period for resubmitting claims." Ugh. But, I did talk to a VERY nice lady in billing. She agrees it's messed up and gave me a task list to start trying to get it corrected from their end. We'll see how it goes :)

And . . . our hamster is sick :( We don't know why, but it seems kind of similar to what got the other little critters. Difficulty walking, kind of spasms through the body like paralysis. Graysen noticed yesterday and shed many a tear. It's different though because Gilmli is still warm to the touch. He survived the night too, which is the first time one of them has lasted longer than the day we noticed the illness. Also, he'll eat if handed a piece of food, and Brennen figured out he can dip his finger in water and Gimli will drink from the drop. I've never seen someone hand-water a hamster before, but at least he's not dehydrating as the others did! Gimli's been our little champ--he was the first critter we got and has outlasted them all! Hoping he pulls through whatever this illness is!

1 comment:

Grandma Judi said...

Oh I hope Gimli makes it - Graysen sounds like he's a good caretaker

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...