
This cheery Mary Poppins song was on the sound mix that the kids requested from our Google lady thingy. It was way more comforting when I was 20-some feet in the air than "Another One Bites the Dust," which appeared on Buck's request list :)Why was I in the air? Well, I decided to paint the big wall. There is no way to reach the upper echelons of the big wall without a big ladder. So big, in fact, that it started in the basement and reached clear to the front wall of our house! The line in that top corner might be a little shakey, so don't look too closely if you stop by ;) Overall, I think it looks really nice! And I was able to clean all the dead bugs out of my chandelier--I've been looking at those little, dark shapes for months and was ready to get them gone!
The kids were a huge help during the painting process! They either handed me a variety of painting tools, helped grab stuff for Buck when he was holding the ladder that was holding me, or did lower wall painting themselves. They taped and untaped, they ran up and down the stairs to get supplies we needed--seriously, it would have taken twice as long without their help!
The boys helped Buck finish off the deck as well. They sawed off the posts, attached a square piece and a fancy piece to the top of each post, then painted all those 18 pieces! It looks so nice! I think as soon as it is not 100 degrees, I will take another picture to share :)
We were fully exhausted after an incredibly long work day. We've been running on empty for far too long. There are still LOADs of little projects (okay, some not so little), but we're getting some really big ticket items checked off the list! Unfortunately, there is another delay on the shed. But, fortunately it is only for two days (currently), and it lands on a day that Buck is home, which is always better in my opinion :)
No comments:
Post a Comment