Graysen picked me this pretty bouquet of wildflowers from our hill--almost to the day that he picked me a similar bunch last year! When our neighbors were over for lunch we tried to identify them all, but some escaped our knowledge and research. I guess we'll just have to keep digging ;)Earlier this week, the kids and I did about a million chores all in one morning! We refilled the chicken food, cleaned out the shed, pulled some of our travel clothes from storage (these are also the ones we will burn if we get the chance; I've been saving up 😄), we deep cleaned the chicken coop and enclosure (the pitch fork was called into duty), we weeded, put up a second fence for the peas to climb, planted more corn, tried to fight back the ant population (which ate us half to pieces), the boys mowed, and then started helping our neighbor with his continuing efforts to waterproof his basement from the outside. As their reward, they both got to drive his riding lawnmower; they were happy campers!
I'm told these pictures might need some updating--Graysen informed us the chickens were taking dust baths in that front planter where we planted all of our peppers (none of which grew), and Brennen caught a bunch of deer eating those lovely growing sunflowers between the boxes :( He said they also took the tops off of some of the potato plants and stepped on the onions. Grrrr. First time we've really had problems with that this year!



Last year I had the kids make little garden tile mosaics. They've sat in a box for a year, waiting to be placed somewhere gardeny. Our little next door neighbor who will be "Three in July!" saw the colorful squares and wanted to set them in a row. She was a good encourager for Caelan who didn't want to do the project that day :) I think they're so pretty! Good work, Crew!



1 comment:
I like the mosaic tiles!
Post a Comment